- Ultra-low NOx Burner - Complies with Southern California SCAQMD 2008 Rule 1121 and Northern California BAAQMD 2009 10ng/J NOx emissions requirements.
- Vaporshield Technology - Shuts off gas and air supply to heater to prevent prolonged vapor burn in combustion chamber should accidental or unattended ignition of flammable vapors occur outside the water heater.
- Piezo Igniter - Affords push button pilot lighting in lieu of matches.
- Maintenance Free - No periodic cleaning of combustion air inlet necessary under normal conditions.
- Standard Thermocouple - Design provides for use of either factory supplied thermocouple or standard replacement thermocouple.
- Self-cleaning - Turbulence inducing cold water inlet-tube engineered to diminish hard water area sediment deposits.
- Non-CFC Foam Insulated - Saves energy and reduces fuel costs by maximizing heat retention.
- High Efficiency Models - meet energy-efficiency 0.62 EF (Energy Factor) requirements of many gas utility rebate programs and comply with CEC Title 24.
- Heavy Gauge Steel Tank - For extra years of trouble-free service.
- Glass-lined Tank - Inner tank glass-lined with Dura-Glas™ and fired at 1600 ºF for optimum protection from the effects of corrosion.
- Magnesium Anode Rod - To protect tank life.
- Factory Installed Dielectric Hot and Cold Water Connections - 3/4" NPT water connections to extend tank life and for easier installations.
- Brass Drain Valve - Durable to prevent unintentional breakage.
- Factory Installed Heat Traps - Reduces standby heat loss in water piping.
- Temperature and Pressure Relief Valve - Factory provided T & P Valve can be relocated from side to optional top opening.
- Factory Installed Energy Cut-off System - Automatic thermostat with built-in gas pressure regulation also incorporates energy cutoff switch to prevent abnormally high water temperature for added safety.
- Design Certified by CSA International - To meet or exceed ANSI requirements and tested in accordance with D.O.E. test procedures and meets or exceeds the energy efficiency requirements of NAECA, ASHRAE and all state energy efficiency standards.